Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches

Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches @katrinaskitchen

It’s finally hot up in here. Well, maybe I’m just telling myself that in order to justify eating 3 of these last Monday. I can tell you right now that this post is going to get me in trouble. My husband is a man who likes his Oreos and his ice cream…and well, he didn’t get any of these. In fact he doesn’t even know that I made them. Shh! They are gone now, so let’s just keep this between us, okay?

To be fair I bought the package of cookies and told him to save me some. He saved me 4 Oreos. Four. What can you even do with four Oreos? Maybe you can use them as currency in your cookie daydream world. I’m pretty sure I ate one and my kids went super secret stealth ninja on me and consumed the other three while I was making their very healthy lunches. I bought another pack and hid them in the freezer. GENIUS! I keep vegetables in there, and raw meat, and things that require actual food prep. No way the Mr. was looking in there. One evening while my husband was at work my parents and brothers stopped by for dinner and this little gem of an idea came to me as I was grabbing the turkey burgers out of the freezer.

I used Double Stuf Oreos (duh) because I still think that we all need to agree to stop purchasing the original ones. I will write the directions out for these ice cream sandwiches because I will get emails if I don’t, but you can figure this out, right? Have fun with them and treat yourself to one this afternoon!

PS: Does it bother anyone else that “Double Stuf” is only spelled with one f?

PSS: It bothers me.

PSSS: I know this isn’t rocket science. I promise that my next recipe with have measurements, mixing, stirring, and all that jazz. Happy eating!

Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches @katrinaskitchen

Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe

Yield: 18 cookeis

Total Time: 1 hour

Ice cream sandwiched between Oreos make for a fast and impressive dessert

• 1 package Double Stuf Oreos
  • 1/2 gallon ice cream (any kind)

1. Let your ice cream warm up for 10 minutes on your countertop.
  2. Twist open the Oreos. Spoon a small scoop of ice cream onto each cookie and reattach the tops. Place in the freezer at least 1 hour until firm.

• These are perfect for little hands. My toddler loved having a whole dessert to himself.
  • Placing the sandwiches back in the freezer for an hour or more keeps the ice cream from oozing out as you take a bite, but feel free to scoop and enjoy right away too.

29 Responses to “Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches”

Elizabeth — June 13, 2012 at 1:09 am

Oreos and ice cream sound amazing together!
    My recent post Angel Hair Pasta with Lemon and Arugula

amanda — June 13, 2012 at 1:12 am

My "cookies & cream" Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich seems really pathetic now.
    My recent post Sausage, Tomato, and Arugula Linguine

Rachel — June 13, 2012 at 1:26 am

I'm seriously giggling over here reading this waiting for hubs to ask me what I'm laughing at. Great post Katrina. :)
    My recent post Buttermilk Waffles

Belinda @zomppa — June 13, 2012 at 2:10 am

How did you know Cookies & Cream is my absolute favorite. I don't blame you for eating 3. These are HUGELY awesome!

cassie/bake your day — June 13, 2012 at 2:52 am

Yeah why do they even sell the regular "stuf" Oreo's? Does anyone really buy those? These look amazing Katrina!

Jenn @ Mother Thyme — June 13, 2012 at 3:34 am

Oreos are by far my favorite. I haven't had one in so long but after seeing these I may need to pick up a package. These are a great idea!

Baker Street — June 13, 2012 at 7:05 am

Woah! These look heavenly! I love anything oreo but this is just incredible!
    My recent post #MuffinMonday: Nutella Swirl Doughnut Muffins | #giveaway

Warm Vanilla Sugar — June 13, 2012 at 10:41 am

I definitely need one of these!…or three.

hankerie — June 13, 2012 at 11:42 am

Oh wow, That's easy idea but so creative.
    My recent post Healthy Banana Bread

LTSL — June 13, 2012 at 12:36 pm

ohhh… these are PERFECT!! lol I love that you kept these from your husband ha ha ha ha … sneaky, I like it ;) Quick question, how did you get the ice cream to look so perfect? …. talk about GREAT presentation!!
    My recent post Sunday’s With Joy : Jalapeno Cornbread

KatrinasKitchen — June 13, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Thanks! I just ran a spoon around the edges while the ice cream was pretty soft still. Not necessary but you're right, it did make them look a bit more tidy.

Rachel Cooks — June 13, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Yum yum! What a perfect summer treat. My husband is always looking in the freezer for ice cream so I'd need to find a different hiding place. ;)
    My recent post {a day in the life} Flavia’s Flavors

food_dreamer — June 13, 2012 at 1:13 pm

LOL on hiding the oreos in the freezer! Good plan. And great sandies!
    My recent post Shannon’s Sugar-Free Meringues (Low Carb and Gluten-Free)

Erin @ Dinners, Dish — June 13, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Love how small these are, you get to eat more that way right? Super cute idea!

Erin — June 13, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Genius!!! They look wonderful! And you are so right about Double Stuf! Way better!
    My recent post Lego Birthday Party: The Invitations

gastronomic nomad — June 13, 2012 at 8:00 pm

These are CRAZY easy! Yep, I can do it. Mine will just be dipped in chocolate and then frozen. Oh yeah. That's the way to do it.

sallysbakingaddiction — June 14, 2012 at 2:15 pm

LOOK at all of that ice cream. I love it when I have more filling than cookie and more icing than cake!
    My recent post chocolate covered pretzel cookies.

iwashyoudry — June 14, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Oh my gosh, such a cute idea! My kids would love these!
    My recent post Strawberry Shortcake Cookies

Valerie — June 14, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Is this the perfect ice cream? I think for me it is! Looks delicious and gorgeous, love the presentation!
    My recent post Strawberry Daiquiri

bakingserendipity — June 14, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Oreos disappear quick in my house…and my husband never fesses up to it! I'd have to hide these for sure :)
    My recent post Blueberry Coconut Scones

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — June 15, 2012 at 1:21 am

Haha, smart woman to hide them in the freezer. I've been known to do that as well. Shhh don't tell. ;-)
    My recent post Easy Entertaining | Dinner Party Ideas

Cookin' Canuck — June 15, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Trying not to look, trying not to look (because then I'll want to make them and eat every single one). These are such a fun dessert for summertime.
    My recent post Rhubarb Margarita Recipe, Running Update & TV Cooking Segment

texydeb — June 17, 2012 at 5:07 am

Reading and viewing here was great fun, thank you! :D

Mel@IWasBornToCook — June 18, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Very cute. My husband and daughter would both love these!
    My recent post Cavatelli & Broccoli

Ashley — June 20, 2012 at 7:07 pm

These look amazing!! I'd have to hide these from my Oreo-holic family if I want any for myself!
    My recent post Penne with Sautéed Kale, Lemon, and Feta

Jen @ JFC — June 20, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Fantastic idea! Simple and delicious, what could be better?

Aggie — June 24, 2012 at 1:54 pm

These would be incredibly unsafe in my home. Wowzers!!!! I love it!
    My recent post Summer Reading List

Christina — June 24, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Oh. My. Goodness! These wouldn't last long in my house! :)
    My recent post Gender Reveal Cupcakes

Catherine — June 27, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Dear Katrina, I love how simple this is to prepare. It is the perfect treat for when the weather gets hot! Mmmm, I could go for one of these sandwiches! Blessings my dear, your friend, Catherine
    My recent post ~ Pork Souvlakia ~