Salted Caramel Cheesecake Shooters

No bake salted caramel cheesecake shooters layered with salted caramel and topped with Rolos candy – use store-bought ingredients to make this easy dessert!

Salted Caramel Cheesecake Shooters inkatrinaskitchen.com

This post actually comes to you straight from the request of my friends. These Salted Caramel Cheesecake Shooters literally took 10 minutes to get to the table. I threw them together at the last minute before a wine tasting event that I held in my home, and much to my surprise there wasn’t a crumb left at the end of the evening. I wasn’t going to post them because it’s not even really a recipe however, that’s the story behind In Katrina’s Kitchen; this blog was started on a whim one afternoon after chatting with friends who were asking for my recipes. I always started out, “It is so easy…” and went on from there. Well, I promise you that these ARE so easy. I used all store-bought ingredients but of course you can feel free to start from scratch. Speaking of friends…
Salted Caramel Cheesecake Shooters @KatrinasKitchen

Dear Family and Friends,

I am afraid that you are related to (or friends with) a food blogger. I am motivated by some unseen force to dream up delicioussinfulunique, and/or sometimes weird desserts. While you sit there blissfully eating dessert I’m often thinking of what I’m going to present to you the next time. Not only that but I’m also thinking of what dishes I’m going to put this dessert on, when can I prepare it to be fresh for you and also have time to sneak in a few pictures.

Salted Caramel Cheesecake Shooters @KatrinasKitchen

There is also this problem that I have in making the same dessert twice. I know it pains you. When I walk through the door you just have no idea what crazy new dessert to expect. This has always been the case with me, but the good news is now that I have this blog I am forced to write down the recipe for you. So you are welcome to make yesterday’s creation your go-to dessert for the rest of your days if that’s what you desire.

Sincerely,
Katrina

Salted Caramel Cheesecake Shooters @KatrinasKitchen

Salted Caramel Cheesecake Shooters Recipe

No bake cheesecake shooters layered with salted caramel and topped with Rolos candy

• No-bake cheesecake filling (purchased or prepared)
  • Caramel sauce (purchased or prepared)
  • Course Sea Salt
  • Rolos candy (optional)

1. Spoon cheesecake into a piping bag or large Zip Lock bag, and cut off the tip.
  2. Layer caramel. salt, and cheesecake until you reach the top of your glasses.
  3. Garnish with chocolate chips or Rolos candy if desired.
  4. Keep chilled until ready to serve.

• I used all store-bought ingredients but of course you can feel free to start from scratch.
  • I found the Philadelphia Cream Cheese Filling in the same section as the cream cheese, eggs, cheese, etc.

34 Responses to “Salted Caramel Cheesecake Shooters”

Blog New Black — May 17, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I want to make this with cool whip!
    My recent post Healthy Chicken Parm Burgers

Tiffany — May 17, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Um, yes please! Holy cow, woman! This is a masterpiece.
    My recent post The Wednesday Files

Angela — May 17, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Mmm! So delicious and easy!

angela -the lovely cup

Joan Hayes — May 17, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I can see why these went fast, yum, yum! All the combinations you can make with just what you have around the house, I'm going to have to see what I have in the cabinets, now, I don't want to wait till I go to the store to have this!
    My recent post Thursday's Treasures

Jocelyn @BruCrewLife — May 17, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Salted caramel is a true addiction for me…I love how easy and fast these are to put together. Although I'm really not sure I would be able to share them:-) And you letter…hilarious…I can relate to all of it!!!
    My recent post White Chocolate Goo Goo Cluster Brownies

Averie — May 17, 2012 at 4:11 pm

love how easy these looks and the way you describe the way your brain works…I totally agree…right down to what kind of dishes am I going to plate this on for photography :)
    My recent post Thursday Things

Erin — May 17, 2012 at 4:19 pm

These look so incredibly amazing! So glad you wrote it down =o) I think the joy of blogging is always making something new. I never make anything twice (unless it's an absolute favorite) and it's kind of fun that way!
    My recent post Homemade Lip Gloss

Bake Your Day — May 17, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Salted caramel can't be beat. These are a dream, Katrina!
    My recent post Mexican Quinoa Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing

Baked by Rachel — May 17, 2012 at 7:15 pm

LOL your note to friends and family is awesome. My mom just doesn't get it. At all!
    My recent post PW Wednesdays ~ Breakfast Pizza

Laura — May 17, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Shut. The. Front. Door. I love salted caramel.
    My recent post Using Embossing Folders

Erin @ Dinners, Dish — May 18, 2012 at 12:17 am

Such an easy dessert, but looks like you worked crazy hard on it. Those are my favorite kind :)

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — May 18, 2012 at 12:41 am

Wine tasting and dessert?! That sounds like my kind of party! I'm coming over next time. ;-)

amanda @ fake ginger — May 18, 2012 at 2:18 am

O.M.G. I love those big hunks of sea salt on top! I want to make a ton of these and then eat them all by myself.
    My recent post Grown-Up Strawberry Slushies

Mari — May 18, 2012 at 3:07 am

Wonderful presentation, I am sure is scrumptious.

Kim - Liv Life — May 18, 2012 at 4:14 am

Well said!! And OMG!!! I don't even know how to respond to these beauties!!!

Connie — May 18, 2012 at 1:34 pm

You know I wasn't able to make it to the wine party, so I think that you will have to make these again when I am around. They will be new to me :D I would have to say salted caramel is my weekness even more than chocolate.

Erin@TexanerinBaking — May 18, 2012 at 4:00 pm

I love this idea! And Rolos on top?! Now I'm craving caramel. And your friends are lucky to know a food blogger that shares. :)
    My recent post Grain-free Cinnamon Roll Donuts

Breanna — May 19, 2012 at 3:47 am

I got here from food gawker and saw shooters in the name, I assumed alcohol. :( But these still look really good.

waka network — May 19, 2012 at 8:15 am

Pure and fresh taste! Your photography is just stunning.

My recent post

Waka Network — May 19, 2012 at 9:13 am

Awesome idea! That cheesecake looks way too good. I think caramel just makes everything amazing!
    My recent post CV DIGEST: Walgreens Clearance: Stars Wars Toothbrush $1.24

kristi2324 — May 20, 2012 at 11:54 pm

um, these look fantastic! cheesecake shooters – what a cool idea! :)

Jen — May 22, 2012 at 3:28 am

Sometimes that is the way the best recipes are created! And how could you ever go wrong with salted caramel!?

Baker Street — May 24, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Those shooters look just perfect! I can totally imagine this would make for the perfect midnight treat. :)
    My recent post Cookies and Cream Pound Cake

theharriedcook — May 25, 2012 at 1:14 am

Those look delicious… LOVE cheesecake LOVE salted caramel – what more could I ask for :) Thanks for sharing! Fun recipe :)

Sherri C. — September 3, 2012 at 2:08 am

THANKS so much for this great idea! I added gingersnap cookie crumbs to mine – they were soo easy and a BIG hit!
    My recent post Salted Caramel Cheesecake Shooters

Rachel - A Southern Fairytale — June 12, 2013 at 10:40 pm

You’ve rendered me speechless.

• Katrina Bahl — June 13th, 2013 @ 10:16 am

Ha! Yesssssssssssss!

Teresa — September 19, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I was totally expecting some alcohol in these!! But with or without they look so delicious!! But I have to say I may have to add some alcohol for our holiday parties this year….I am thinking some caramel vodka or something…. any suggestions?

Anonymous — January 7, 2014 at 11:03 am

Haha Teresa I am thinking the same thing! I want to try these with alcohol too!! I wonder if hazelhut liquer would work?!?

amanda @ fake ginger — April 10, 2014 at 9:52 am

Can I tell myself that this is healthier than cheesecake since there’s no crust?

Emma — September 12, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Can these be made the day before?

• Katrina Bahl — September 17th, 2014 @ 10:50 am

I have made them a few hours before but not the day before. If you are making your own no-bake cheesecake filling you could certainly do that the day beforehand. Just assemble right beforehand.

MelP526 — October 19, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I’ve never made anything salted caramel before, can you give me an idea (or guesstimate) on how much was used?

• Katrina Bahl — October 20th, 2014 @ 5:20 pm

I used about 1/4 cup total. You can customize the recipe to fit your taste.