Cotton Candy Mousse
Everyone always asks what Mom wants for breakfast in bed. I’m going to let you in on a little secret: Mom doesn’t want breakfast in bed; she wants brunch. Seriously people, it’s the 21st century…haven’t we been over this? Mom wants to sleep. The end.
Okay well THIS mom wants to sleep. Don’t get me wrong- I’m a morning person. I enjoy getting up with the kids. The worst part however is hitting the ground running. I usually wake up to the sound of our toddler crashing things around in his room. Once children realize that you are awake they want to play and read and run and jump and eat NOW.
Also this mom wants a little pink in her life. Pink things just taste better don’t you think? If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen a few teasers about this post. I just can’t help myself; pink things are photogenic. When I saw this Jelly Belly cotton candy syrup I knew immediately that I was going to make something with it: Cotton Candy Mousse! I found mine at Bed Bath and Beyond. You can surely order it online as well. It turns out that even my boys like to eat pink things. They didn’t even mind the polka dot ribbons and tiny spoons.
Cotton Candy Mousse Recipe
Yield: 12 mini dessert shooter glasses
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, or overnight
Fluffy mousse dessert flavored with cotton candy syrup, perfect for baby showers or Mother's Day
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons Cotton Candy syrup
- 1 Tablespoon milk or cream
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz tub of Cool Whip
- Candy for garnish (optional)
- In the bowl of your mixer combine cream cheese, syrup, and milk until smooth.
- Slowly beat in powdered sugar. Then fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spoon into 12 dessert shooter glasses or any small serving dishes.
- Chill at least 3 hours. Serve cold.
- I have not tried this recipe with fresh whipped cream so I cannot say what your results would be. If you choose to substitute the Cool Whip for fresh whipped cream I would recommend at least 2 cups of whipped cream.
- This was Jelly Belly Cotton Candy flavored syrup intended for making homemade snow cones. There are lots of snow cone syrup flavors available in many stores. Feel free to experiment with different flavors!
Products used in this recipe:
This post contains affiliate links