Cookie Dough Muffin Tops with Chocolate Streusel

So tomorrow is our extra day- yay! Happy birthday to all of you Leap Babies! I thought we would celebrate by eating something cah-razy for breakfast. I mean, it’s an extra day so that means calories don’t count tomorrow. Let’s all agree on this, okay? There is strength in numbers, people.

Cookie Dough Muffin Tops with Chocolate Streusel @KatrinasKitchen

And if calories don’t count then you might as well start big at breakfast. Enter Cookie Dough Muffin Tops. Of course there is also the matter of that Chocolate Streusel topping. Leap Year for the win! I’m sharing the recipe for these over at my friend Amanda’s blog, Fake Ginger. It’s going to be really embarrassing if I show up with all of these muffin tops and nobody stops by so what are you waiting for? :)

Cookie Dough Muffin Tops with Chocolate Streusel Guest Post at Fake Ginger

21 Responses to “Cookie Dough Muffin Tops with Chocolate Streusel”

Baked by Rachel — February 28, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Cookie muffins – yum!!! Hopping over there now to check out the recipe :)
    My recent post Slow Cooker Guinness Beef Stew

Erin @ Dinners, Dish — February 28, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Holy deliciousness!!

Jocelyn — February 28, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Those sound super delicious! I would gladly take a few off your hands:-)

Deelicious Sweets — February 28, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Wow, I'll bet these are super yummy! Love the top of the muffins!

Erin — February 28, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Holy key-rap! These look amazing!!! Totally bookmarking these so I can make the whole lot and devour them before anyone notices!
    My recent post Homemade Card Exchange – Wanna Join?

Belinda @zomppa — February 28, 2012 at 5:42 pm

What you do on Leap Day doesn't really count, right? Love these!
    My recent post Vidalia, oh, Sweet Onion: TidBit of the Day

Elizabeth — February 28, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Muffin tops and cookie dough in one? I'm on it!
    My recent post Cinnamon Rolls

JavelinWarrior — February 28, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I like the way your mind works! I'm totally down with not counting calories tomorrow, and since we only get an extra day every so many years, it seems quite reasonable to me :)
    My recent post Tuesday Tutor: Featuring Life's a Feast

Averie — February 28, 2012 at 11:27 pm

saw them on Amanda's blog..YUM! Muffin tops + cookie dough = 2 great things
    My recent post Sunglasses ‘n Wings

@alisonlewis — February 28, 2012 at 11:42 pm

what a clever idea!

The Harried Cook — February 29, 2012 at 3:30 am

How interesting and creative… Love the idea! Will go check out your post…
    My recent post Moist Carrot Cake w/ Coconut Milk Magic Frosting & A Giveaway!

Sue — February 29, 2012 at 6:51 am

Calories don't count tomorrow? Sounds GOOD to me! You're full of brilliant ideas, Katrina!
    My recent post Strawberry Soup {with homemade cake croutons}

lisamichele — February 29, 2012 at 8:20 am

Katrina..I don't even know what to say outside of WOW. Muffin tops..nice..but cookie dough muffin tops with chocolate streusel? YOWZA! I think you truly are a mad scientist – in such a good way. Also, love the addition of 'Outside' Katrina's Kitchen! Going to read some tomorrow :)
    My recent post Chocolate Flecked Popovers and Bad Boy First Love Part 6

Eliot — February 29, 2012 at 10:48 am

Over the top! I love this!

Warm Vanilla Sugar — February 29, 2012 at 11:23 am

These look dangerously awesome. Oh. My.

CanterburyCakes — February 29, 2012 at 6:34 pm

These look so delcious – I love, love, love cookie dough. Just a few more hours left to pack in all those "don't count" calories….
    My recent post Most Popular Cake?

bakingserendipity — March 1, 2012 at 3:36 am

I love your outlook on the extra day. These are perfect for ignoring calories and indulging :)
    My recent post Dark Chocolate and Coconut Popcorn

Chung-Ah — March 1, 2012 at 6:56 am

I love the idea of baking muffin tops only. I mean, they are the best part of the muffin, right?

And I love your theory on calories not counting today. If I had known, I wouldn't have gone for a 5 mile run this morning!
    My recent post Cinnamon Baked French Toast

Baker Street — March 1, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Holy yum! You have managed to combine the best of all worlds into one divine dessert!
    My recent post Cookies and Cream Cheesecake

Helene — March 2, 2012 at 12:43 am

First time here and already like your blog a lot. That treat looks so yummy.
    My recent post Thai Curried Noodles with Broccoli and Tofu