Oreo Candy Bars

Oreo Cookie Candy Bars from @KatrinasKitchen

Do you want a piece of this? That’s what I thought. If Oreos and chocolate got married and had a baby this is what it would look like. Isn’t she a beauty?

Oreo Cookie Candy Bars from @KatrinasKitchen

First you start out by doing what every child has wanted to do since the beginning of time: seperate the cream filling from an entire bag of Double Stuffed Oreos. Please try to excercise self-control here and not dive head-first into that beautiful pile of magical Oreo cream.

Oreo Cookie Candy Bars from @KatrinasKitchen

You’re going to add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar to that cream filling and let it chill for about 15 minutes while you melt some chocolate and crush the Oreo wafers. The rest is just layering: chocolate, cream filling, crushed Oreo wafers (you won’t use all of the crushed Oreos- just enough to sprinkle on top), and more chocolate. I used a candy mold (you can get these for a dollar at most craft stores), but you can use any shallow dish as long as it is lined with parchment paper.

Oreo Candy Bars Printable Recipe

I’m sharing this recipe at The Letter 4 blog as part of their Ultimate Halloween Party. There will be a new Halloween post every hour over there today with a Halloween linky party at the end. I’ve listed the schedule below. Don’t miss this!

Courtesy The Letter 4

42 Responses to “Oreo Candy Bars”

Becky — October 21, 2011 at 10:45 am

Oh, Katrina,

These Oreo candy bars look like heaven, and so Haloweeny! Great job!

Baker Street — October 21, 2011 at 10:51 am

What a super fun idea! i'll be sure to tune in and see the rest of the goodies! the candy bars look delicious!
    My recent post Orange Cranberry Bundt Cake

Averie — October 21, 2011 at 11:09 am

This looks beyond good. Wow!! That 1st pic is just gorgeous. I have shot my fair amount of reflective chocolate surfaces and you nailed that image. And that recipe :)
    My recent post Caramel Pumpkin Whip Dip

thoma — October 21, 2011 at 11:10 am

if oreos and chocolate have twins would they be look-alike??

you've a pile of recipes for my choc stock…this is so much like you…simple and fun!

Tina@flourtrader — October 21, 2011 at 11:19 am

How creative and delicious this is! The extra bonus is that it does not require a lot of time. Both of those factors make it a real winner. Well done-yum!

julia — October 21, 2011 at 11:39 am

Food lovechild, YES!!!! And this one looks pretty epic! Whata fun Halloween 'party' also. Can't wait to see the rest of the recipes!
    My recent post Pumpkin Chili and Cornbread

Kiri W. — October 21, 2011 at 12:04 pm

These look mouthwatering! Never tried making my own candy, but this sounds easy enough and oooh, does it looks good. Thanks for sharing!
    My recent post Umami Moto – An Asian-Inspired Foodtruck on a Mission!

happywhennothungry — October 21, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Wow I'm drooling oer here! These look fantastic!

Angie's Recipes — October 21, 2011 at 1:25 pm

This looks fabulous!

amanda @ fake ginger — October 21, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Yummy yummy yummy! You know I love those Halloween Oreos!

Erin @Dinners, Dish — October 21, 2011 at 2:14 pm

These little bars sound amazing! A whole pile of cream, and you expect me to exercise self control? Not sure I could handle that! LOVE this halloween party idea. i am going to have to have this open all day, all the ideas sound so fun!
    My recent post Steph's Virtual Bridal Shower – Risotto and Cupcakes!

Not Rachael Ray — October 21, 2011 at 2:47 pm

These look amazing! Headed over there to check out the recipe!
    My recent post Maple Cayenne Roasted Brussels Sprouts

bakedbyrachel — October 21, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Oh jeez… You're killin me. And how could I not dive head first into the oreo filling?! Don't tell me not to. I actually once had a recipe that called for chocolate wafer cookies so I used oreos and removed the filling from each one – yes eating it. Little did I know that you could just blend it all up instead of removing the goodness that lies within!
    My recent post BBQ Chicken Quesadillas {guest posting}

Joan@chocolate — October 21, 2011 at 3:28 pm

I have a bag of the chocolate oreos in my cabinet right now, think I'll be off to the kitchen!!!!!! Yum!
    My recent post Broccoli Cheese Soup, Yum!

Roxana GreenGirl — October 21, 2011 at 3:36 pm

sounds like a spooky party LOL
    Can't wait to see the rest of the goodies.
    My recent post Pumpkin Cookies (Vegan)

Blog New Blacxk — October 21, 2011 at 5:12 pm

NEEEEED these!
    My recent post Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili

Shawn — October 21, 2011 at 5:35 pm
    Erin — October 21, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Really??? Holy heck! I need to eat this right now! You're killing me!
    My recent post Spider Web Snacks

pursuitofhippieness — October 21, 2011 at 9:26 pm

This is seriously genius. Oh my goodness.

Sprigs of Rosemary — October 21, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Oreos and chocolate got married. You are definitely a genius. So very creative. What fun you are!

Budget Gourmet Mom — October 22, 2011 at 12:59 am

Oreos and chocolate. I am in trouble!
    My recent post Night of the Living Dead Cupcakes {Tutorial}

Ashley@BakerbyNature — October 22, 2011 at 1:02 am

I want a whole box of these! Look amazing… and addictive.
    My recent post World Peace Cookies

LindsayAnn — October 22, 2011 at 1:18 am

Cute! Check out our blog for a ton more! We have all kinds of cute and creepy simple Halloween treats! http://blog.dollhousebakeshoppe.com/search/label/
    My recent post Gourmet Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

bloomeveryday — October 22, 2011 at 2:14 am

Delicious! I cannot wait to try these. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe. Check out our website sometime soon :) We would love to share some of our recipes with you.

LilaLoa — October 22, 2011 at 2:21 am

Umm, I just said "WOW" out loud when I saw your deliciousness in picture form. My list of treats to try from your blog just keeps growing and growing and growing….

cookinghealthyforme — October 22, 2011 at 3:31 am

These are GREAT! I love that you "did what every child wants to do" by separating the oreos. Brilliant! Terrific blog party…gotta check out all the fun links! Thanks SO much!
    My recent post Potica – A Guest Post with Chef Dennis

mia xara — October 22, 2011 at 4:24 am

They look amazing!I'll be checking out the other recipes too!Great for children!!!

KimBee_Cravings — October 22, 2011 at 4:32 am

I think oreos and chocolate should hook up more often. Great recipe.

Amalia — October 22, 2011 at 4:59 am

This IS what it would like if Oreo's and chocolate had babies! What a creative and fun idea, they look so yummy :)
    My recent post Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

thesmartcookiecook — October 22, 2011 at 4:50 pm

This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seem. Oreo cookies colliding with a candy bar? Hello, heaven. I love the layer of oreo cream, also brilliant. You are an evil genius.
    My recent post Secret Ingredient Vegetarian Chili Topped w/ Caramelized Onions

Parsley Sage — October 22, 2011 at 8:23 pm

…holy yum. I swear to bacon, I LOVE YOUR BRAIN! These are ace. So yummy and so awesome! This is a marriage made in Halloweenie Heaven. Buzzed!
    My recent post Cold Front Casserole

Sue — October 23, 2011 at 2:59 am

The ULTIMATE candy bar for the ultimate Halloween party~WOW!
    My recent post Jack O' Lantern Smile Cookie {on a stick}

Carolina HeartS — October 23, 2011 at 5:45 pm

What a great idea. Looks amazing!
    My recent post DuBOSE HEYWARD – “…YOU’S GONNA RISE UP…”

bakingjenn — October 24, 2011 at 12:13 am

I LOVE all of your candy recipes. Halloween treats are my favorite!
    My recent post Mexican Pulled Chicken Stuffed Peppers

bakingserendipity — October 24, 2011 at 3:28 am

This looks so good! I'm in it just for the cream/cookie separation fun :)
    My recent post Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Dough Balls

SAndras Easy Cooking — October 25, 2011 at 1:47 am

These look AMAZING..what a an awesome party!!! I would love to come to your fun party:))) Love this post!!!!
    My recent post Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

Claudie — November 1, 2011 at 8:09 pm

This looks amazingly delicious. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to exercise the necessary amount of self-control to achieve the end result :-P ;-)
    My recent post Tikvenik – Phyllo Dough Filled with Sweet Pumpkin

Lindsay — December 5, 2011 at 10:04 pm

I think I posted on the other site where you posted the recipe so I just have to ask again…… how did you keep these from falling apart? I made them this weekend and while they were DELISH, they split in half because there were too many wafers. And I had to add a splash of milk to the cream to make it "cream". Am I missing something from the recipe?! THANKS!

KatrinasKitchen — December 5, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Hi Lindsay! Sorry I didn't get your response over there…sometimes I forget to go back in and check the comments regularly on my guest posts. :)

I didn't add all of the wafer crumbles. I should have made that more clear in the recipe. I will make the changes now. I just sprinkled the wafer crumbles on and left enough room for the milk chocolate to kind of glue everything together.

I kept the cream kind of stiff because I didn't want it to be too sticky. But adding milk is a great addition!

Lindsay — December 7, 2011 at 3:26 pm

THANK YOU! I can't stop thinking about this yummy goodness! Like I said, it still tasted ridiculously good, but I wanted it to LOOK pretty too so I can bring it to parties! Thanks for your response!

KatrinasKitchen — December 7, 2011 at 3:37 pm

No problem! I didn't want to be too specific because I knew people would have different sized dishes /candy molds. Good luck! Post a pic to my facebook or email me if you get a chance. :)

Sher — June 11, 2012 at 1:46 am

Seriously amazing. These look absolutely delicious! Beautiful tutorial. I featured you on Momcaster: http://momcaster.com/2012/06/11/oreo-recipes-dess
    My recent post The Ultimate (Badass) Oreo Collection